Without outline


Changed Your Name?

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

A name change requires the issuance of a new Driver License or Identification Card. A change of name cannot be processed by mail or internet. A replacement with new name and photo may be obtained at our office. The following documentation is required:

  • United States Birth Certificate OR valid United States Passport
     A birth certificate must be issued by a government agency. Hospital birth certificates cannot be accepted.
    • If the documentation submitted reflects any name change since birth, an original or certified copy of your Marriage License(s), Divorce Decree or Court Order, must be submitted. In some instances, more than one Marriage License, Divorce Decree or Court Order document may be required to show the chain of name changes. Photocopies cannot be accepted.
    • Documents MUST show the reflection of the name change.
  • Social Security Card
    Upon changing your name, update your records with the Social Security Administration, wait 24 hours to update before you apply for your Florida Driver License or Identification Card.
  • Proof of Residential Address
    Requires two of the following reflecting your name and address: deed, mortgage statement, lease agreement,voter registration, vehicle registration, W2 form, 1099 form, or a homeowners, automobile, or life insurance policy.

 *For further information, please visit What To Bring.