We are accepting applications for new Concealed Weapon License (CWL), as well as, Concealed Weapon License renewals at our main office at the Brooksville Courthouse. Fingerprints, photographs and related services will all be available to process new applications and renewals.
Main Office (Brooksville Courthouse)
20 North Main St, Room 112
Brooksville, FL 34601
Services are available Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Appointments are not required, but are preferred for faster service. To make an appointment, call 352-754-4180 and press 3. Walk-in customers are accepted in-between appointments. The last application must be started by 4:30 p.m.
*Please note: All new Florida Concealed Weapon Licenses are issued by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, and are mailed to recipients. Our office prints renewals for most Florida Concealed Weapon Licenses.
*For more information, please visit:
- Determine if you are eligible for a Concealed Weapon License.
- Applicants must demonstrate competency with a firearm in order to qualify for a license.
- Read the application instructions to learn what is required.
- Bring all of the required documentation with you to submit your application.
*If a U.S. citizen born outside the United States: U.S. passport, Certificate of Birth Abroad (FS-240), Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350), Certificate of Naturalization (N-550 or N-570) or Certificate of Citizenship (N-560 or N-561)
*If a permanent resident alien: USCIS documentation showing permanent resident alien status (I-551)
You should have with you the following items/documents when you arrive for your application:
- A valid Driver License/ID card
- A copy of a training document or other certificate that confirms you are proficient with a firearm
- If you have ever been arrested, bring certified copies of the court documentation reflecting the final disposition of the charge(s) filed against you.
- If you were born outside the U.S., or if you are a permanent legal resident alien, bring official documentation that confirms your citizenship status.
- Cash, check, or credit/debit card
Note to Military Members and Veterans
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) is now expediting all Florida concealed weapon or firearm license applications submitted by active military members and veterans.
Active military personnel who want to apply for a concealed weapon license should include a copy of their Common Access Card or other form of official military identification with their applications. FDACS will also accept a copy of service members' current orders as proof of active duty status.
Honorably discharged veterans should submit a copy of their DD 214 long form with their applications.