621 W. Jefferson St.
Brooksville FL 34601
Phone (352) 754-4033
Fax (352) 754-4726
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
8 AM - 5 PM
Closed noon to 1 PM for lunch
DAV Van Drivers Needed
The Hernando County DAV Van travels to and from James A. Haley VA Hospital in Tampa Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays).
Veterans are picked-up only at designated pick up locations:
- Wal-Mart on US 41
- Brooksville VA OPC on SR 50
The vans are limited to eight passengers, plus driver. Pick-ups normally begin at 6:30 a.m. and depart from Tampa no later than 2 p.m.
Requirements to be a driver:
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Have a safe driving record
- Maintain current automobile insurance – proof of insurability
- Pass physical health screening in relation to driving vehicles
- Pass TB skin test
- Attend volunteer training and orientation
- Desire to help the veterans of Hernando County
Call (352) 754-4033 for more information on becoming a DAV volunteer.
Daily Transportation Services
Procedures and Regulations:
- Your appointment must be between 8:30 a.m. and noon (1 p.m. for specialty clinics ONLY). If your appointment is at some other time, you can call the clinic where you have the appointment and ask them to change it so that you can use this service.
- Seat reservations must be made no later than noon the (business) day before your scheduled appointment. Reservations can be made months in advance.
- Escorts may ride only if space is available. If an escort is necessary per doctor’s request, please provide Veteran Services with a doctor’s note.
- Patients must be ambulatory and be able to get on/off the van without any assistance. The vans are not equipped for wheelchairs.
- Pick-up locations include the Brooksville VA Outpatient Clinic (SR50), Wal-Mart Supercenter (corner of RT 41/Wiscon Road).
- The Van leaves the VA hospital at the driver’s discretion, no later than 2 p.m. After your appointment, please go to the pick-up area designated by the driver.
- Call (352) 754-4033 to register for this service. You need only to register once.