15365 Cortez Blvd.
Brooksville, FL 34613
Phone (352) 754-4705
Join us for the Hernando County Water Awareness Series
The 2020 Series will begin in October of 2019 and run once-a-month classes through May of 2020.
|Awesome Autumn Colors in the Florida Yard||Friday, October 11, 2019 at 10 AM
|To Sod or Not to Sod? Lawn Care and Lawn Alternatives||
Friday, November 8, 2019 at 10 AM
|Winter Cold Protection in Your Florida Yard and Cool and Colorful Yards||
Friday, December 13, 2019 at 10 AM
Sign up for these classes on Eventbrite at the following link: http://HernandoWAS2020.eventbrite.com
Watch past presentations:
- Who Cares For (and about) Our Springs
Other Water Awareness Series Classes
- Basic Landscape Design for Newcomers and Not-So-Newcomers
- Organic Winter Vegetable Gardening
- Florida-Friendly and Neighbor-Friendly. Growing Wild in a Civilized Community
- Curbside Recycling and Composting
- Rising Concerns: How Sea Level Rise Could Affect Our Coastline, Springs and Water
- Archives of Water Awareness Series 2009 - 2018 (Look under Water Awareness Series)
New Sod Establishment Schedule
To qualify for the new sod establishment schedule, new sod must be installed in 50 percent or more of your lawn. Please see the Southwest Florida Water Management District Fact Sheet for Grass Seed if you are installing grass seed.