EFFECTIVE July 17, 2019, application deadlines and the process for rezonings, special exception use permits, and conditional use permits are changing. The new application deadline dates have been posted below; please note that the application submittal date is the only date that applications will be accepted for each cycle. Additional information will be made available shortly. Please continue to check the website for application and instruction updates.
Comprehensive Plan Amendments
Please read all and download all applicable forms to ensure the application packet is complete.
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment Instruction Package
- CPAM Application Form June 2017.PDF Comprehensive Plan Amendment Application Form
- CPAM Fee Schedule
Permits for Conditional Use and Special Exception Use
Definition of Permit Types and Uses:
Before completing the application form, verification of the permit type must be determined. Please contact the Planning Department at 352-754-4057 for further assistance.
Conditional Use Permit:
A conditional use is intended to be utilized as a special permit which temporarily allows uses not otherwise permitted by the Hernando County ordinance. A conditional use is not a matter of right. It is a discretionary approval by the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Special Exception Permit:
A special exception use may be permitted in only those zoning districts where they are designated as special exception uses by the ordinance and only when specially approved by the Planning and Zoning Commission. A special exception is a legal authorization to undertake a special exception use which has been authorized in conformance with the Hernando County ordinance.
- Conditional/Special Exception Use Fee Schedules
- Conditional/Special Exception Use Instructions
- Conditional/Special Exception Use Application Form
- Adequate Public Facilities Ordinance (2009-18)
- Tier 1 Spreadsheet (Zipped )
- Concurrency Evaluation Application Package
- Appendix F Hernando County Traffic Impact Study Procedures