Housing Authority
621 W. Jefferson St. 
Brooksville, FL 34601

Phone (352) 754-4160
Fax (352) 754-4168

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday
8 AM  - 5 PM

(excluding legal holidays)


Ellen Rimes
Section 8 Housing Specialist

Kaitlyn Kamin
Section 8 Housing Specialist


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Changes to the Household During the Lease Term:

Any changes to your household need to be reported, in writing within ten days of the change occurring. Any new jobs or loss employment need to be reported in person and complete the appropriate forms. You cannot call and report a change. Failure to complete the forms within the appropriate time limits can cause you to lose your Section 8 Voucher.

Annual Re-Examinations:

You will be required to come to the office annually to re-certify your housing assistance. You will be sent a letter in the mail with a date and time for your appointment with one of the housing specialists. You must be on time; failure to arrive on time may result in your appointment being rescheduled. Failure to attend the appointment at your scheduled date and time may cause a delay in payment to your landlord for the new lease term. It is imperative that you try to attend this appointment because it could be several weeks out until a new appointment date and time can be set for you. All household members over the age of 18 must be in attendance. You will be required to bring for each household member:

  • Photo ID's
  • Birth Certificates
  • Social Security Cards
  • 3 Months of complete bank statements
  • At least 4 consecutive pay-stubs
  • Social Security Awards Letters
  • Food Stamps/TANF Letter Showing Monthly Amount Received
  • Current Utility Bills for All Utilities
  • Vehicle Registration(s)
  • Paid Receipts from Medical Bills and Yearly Prescription Drug Costs (Elderly/Disabled Families Only)
  • Proof of Any Other Miscellaneous Income that the Household Receives 

When Moving to a New Unit:

In order for the Hernando County Housing Authority to process contracts for new units, we will need proof of all tenant paid utilities (electricity, water, gas).

The proof needs to come directly from the applicable utility company and must include the following:

  • Your Name
  • Your New Unit Address
  • The Date the Utility Starts/Started

Please note that we cannot process paperwork to begin your contracts to pay your new landlord until we have some important dates verified:

  • Passed Inspection
  • Proof of connection that ALL utilities are on and in your name
  • Date the Lease Begins