18900 Cortez Blvd.
Brooksville, FL 34601
In Florida, everyone is vulnerable to severe weather like hurricanes, especially individuals with special needs. Those who live alone or without the support of family or friends must take special precautions if an emergency occurs. The Hernando County Special Needs Program is in place to coordinate the registration, notification and evacuation of those residents with physical or mental disabilities or minor health and medical conditions.
Registration for the Special Needs Program can be completed in the following ways:
- Register online at: https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085618351
- Contact Emergency Management at (352) 754-4083
- Return the registration form by mail to Emergency Management at 18900 Cortez Blvd. Brooksville, FL 34601
- Return the registration form by fax to Emergency Management at (352) 754-4090
- Contact your Home Health Care or Oxygen Provider, Private Care Providers, or Physician’s Offices
Once you are registered, you or your healthcare representative should renew your application every year.
The shelter is located at Challenger K-8 School, 13400 Elgin Blvd., Spring Hill. The shelter has a limited number of blankets, cots and medical supplies. Residents are strongly encouraged to bring their own supplies and comfort items.
Read our Special Needs Shelter Quick Facts for more information on what to expect at the shelter.