18900 Cortez Blvd.
Brooksville, FL 34601
Do You Need Flood Insurance?
No home is completely safe from potential flooding. Flood insurance can be the difference between recovering and being financially devastated. Just one inch of water in a home can cost more than $25,000 in damage—why risk it?
Here are some important facts to keep in mind:
- Homeowners and renters insurance do not typically cover flood damage
- More than 20 percent of flood claims come from properties outside high-risk flood zones
- Flood insurance can pay regardless of whether or not there is a Presidential Disaster Declaration
- Most federal disaster assistance comes in the form of low-interest disaster loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and must be paid back. FEMA offers disaster grants that do not need to be paid back, but this amount is often much less than what is needed to recover. A claim against your flood insurance policy could, and often does, provide more funds for recovery than those you could qualify for from FEMA or the SBA — and you don’t have to pay it back
- For more important facts, see the FEMA Flood Insurance Fact Sheet
Remember - flood insurance policies take 30 days to go into effect. Talk to your insurance agent before disaster strikes.