For questions related to Hernando County and COVID-19, call the COVID-19 Public Information Center line at:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
18900 Cortez Blvd.
Brooksville, FL 34601
- All in-person issuances of Hernando County Animal Licenses at the HCAS facility have been suspended. Residents can obtain a Hernando County Animal Licenses online or via mail through PetData
- Animal Services shelter location open by appointment only
- Initial viewing of animals available for adoption by the public can be done by visiting https://www.facebook.com/HernandoCountyAnimalServices
- Adoption applications can be found at: https://www.hernandocounty.us/home/showdocument?id=22 and sent via email to AC@HernandoCounty.us or fax to (352) 796-3746
- Adoptions will be by appointment only once an adoption application has been approved. Call HCAS at (352) 796-5062 to schedule your adoption appointment
- Return to owner transactions will be by appointment only. Call HCAS at (352) 796-5062 to schedule your appointment
- Animals knowingly exposed to COVID-19 will be directed to shelter in place with the family in their household
- Animals that come to HCAS that have been exposed to COVID-19 will be housed in an established quarantine area at the shelter where the on-staff veterinarian will establish protocols for care
- The HCAS volunteer program has been suspended until further notice
- All off-site events have been canceled. This includes "Visits with Dogs to Nursing Homes"
- Participation in the Harley Davidson event on April 18, 2020 has been canceled.
- Special Master Hearing for April 3, 2020 & May 8, 2020 have been postponed.
- The Hernando County Building and Zoning Division offices, located at 789 Providence Street in Brooksville, will no longer be open for public access and will have adjusted service hours until further notice.
- Building Division adjusted service hours will be 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- To reduce risk to the public and staff, Building Division customers are encouraged to utilize the following online services available at https://www.hernandocountygis-fl.us/BldgDept/:
- Inspections can be scheduled online at https://bit.ly/2IW5sB3 or by phone at (352) 754-4050
- Contractors are encouraged to utilize the online system at https://bit.ly/2IW5sB3 to submit applications, documents and receive permits
- All documents can be submitted electronically via email to BLDG@HernandoCounty.us or fax at (352) 754-4416. Customers will be contacted as soon as their documents are entered to ensure they are received
- All offices are closed to the public beginning Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Services will be provided to customers virtually.
- All public events, including agency related job fairs, onsite recruitments, workshops and community events hosted at a CareerSource Pasco Hernando location have been postponed until further notice.
- Home Hydroponics Class with Master Gardener Jason Murray scheduled for March 17, 2020 – Facebook live ONLY at www.Facebook.com/HernandoExt
- First Time Home-Buyers Class scheduled for March 21, 2020 – postponed
- All About Ladybugs with Master Gardener Angela Reid scheduled for March 24, 2020- Facebook live ONLY at www.Facebook.com/HernandoExt
- Horseshoe Crab Watch Spring 2020 Training scheduled for March 23, 2020 - postponed
- Central Florida Sportsman’s Expo scheduled for March 28- 29, 2020 – postponed
- 4th Annual Mermaid Chase Paddling Race scheduled for April 18, 2020 – postpone
- The use of the common conference room at 15800 Flight Path Drive has been canceled.
- For event cancellations, please refer to the event website.
- The Fire Stations are closed to the public, but will continue to perform their duties to the citizens.
- Housing Authority meeting scheduled for March 26, 2020 - canceled
- Applications for housing programs (Section 8 vouchers renewals, SHIP Down Payment Assistance, NSP rental housing and the TBRA Homeless Housing program) will still be processed as of 1:00 pm 3/19/2020
- In accordance with Executive Order (EO) Number 20-91, all branches of the Hernando County Public Library System are closed to public access until further notice.
- Additionally, residents may no longer reserve, pick up or drop off items at these library locations. However, we do encourage residents to take advantage of the many e-resources available online at www.HernandoCountyLibrary.us.
- All fines have been suspended until May 1, 2020.
- Friends of the Library of Hernando County Wine Tasting event scheduled for March 21, 2020 – canceled
- All programs and services, except homeless assessments will still be available. Face to face interviews will not be conducted
- Visit the Health and Human Services website to enter a service or information request
- MPO meeting scheduled for April 9, 2020 - Canceled
- In response to COVID-19, the MPO office will be closed until Tuesday, March 31 or until further notice. The MPO staff will still be available virtually through email and phone.
- All outreach classes have been canceled.
- Per CDC guidance to implement social distancing into our procedures, please be aware of the following: If you have submitted a request for service, please do not make contact with our technicians when they arrive at your property. A tag will be hung on your residence’s door with any findings or recommendations found.
- In accordance with Executive Order (EO) Number 20-91, all Hernando County parks will not be open for public access until April 30, 2020.
- Boat ramps and marinas will remain open for public use, so long as Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for social distancing are followed.
- All youth and adult sports leagues have been cancelled until further notice
- All facility rentals have been suspended until further notice
- Beach, parking or boat passes can be obtained online at the following link and sent via email email@example.com or fax (352) 754-4427: https://www.hernandocounty.us/departments/departments-n-z/parks-and-recreation/passes
- All in person meetings have been canceled.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission regular meeting, scheduled for Monday, April 13, 2020, has been canceled. All public hearing items will be fully advertised for a future date once an updated public hearing schedule has been determined. For further information, please contact the Hernando County Planning Department at 352-754-4057 or monitor the agenda webpage at http://hernandocountyfl.iqm2.com/citizens/
- In an effort to maintain customer service please feel free to communicate with the Planning Department by e-mail, telephone, conference call and go to meetings.
- Land use applications should be submitted electronically in PDF version to the Planning Resource Object mailbox (Planning.ResourceObject@hernandocounty.us), fees will be calculated by the case planner and may be mailed or paid at a later date. All applications will be routed to other departments and agencies for review, and the staff analysis will be completed in anticipation of scheduling for a future public hearing once the social distancing guidelines have been relaxed.
- Offices have been closed to the public. The public can call 352-754-4190 to reach the Hernando County Property Appraiser or email the Property Appraiser at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Port Authority regular meeting scheduled for March 18, 2020 has been canceled
- Port Authority regular meeting scheduled for April 15, 2020 has been canceled
- Starting Monday, March 23, 2020, all Tax Collector offices will be closed to the public. We will continue to assist customers by phone, mail, or email. We will assist customers on how to transfer titles through the mail. Registration renewals and property tax payments can be processed by mail or online.
- Both Welcome Centers are closed.
- The Weeki Wachee Springs State Park has closed, including the gift shop which mandates that VIC is also closed.
- For event cancellations, please refer to the event website.
- Fare collection has been suspended on all fixed routes and demand response service for 30 days beginning March 23, 2020.
- HCUD Customer Service Lobby, located at 15365 Cortez Boulevard in Brooksville, is closed to the public beginning March 20, 2020 until further notice. HCUD will continue to provide services as normal to its customers via phone, email and online only during this time.
- Trees! Marvelous Trees! class scheduled for March 20, 2020 - Canceled
- Rain Barrel Workshop scheduled for March 21, 2020 – Canceled
- When Lawns Just Don’t Cut It class scheduled for March 25, 2020 – Canceled
- Native Plant Scavenger Hunt scheduled for April 3, 2020 Canceled
- Rain Barrel Workshop scheduled for April 29, 2020 – Canceled
- Water Awareness Series class scheduled for April 17, 2020 – Canceled
- Springs Workshop scheduled for May 8, 2020 – Canceled
- All scheduled appointments will now be conducted remotely via phone only at the scheduled appointment time
- Anyone needing to turn in paperwork for submission can utilize fax or regular mail
- Transportation to the James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital has been suspended until further notice