Board of County Commissioners
20 N. Main St.
Brooksville, FL 34601
Phone (352) 754-4000
Fax (352) 754-4477
What is a Board Policy?
A Board policy is a statement officially adopted by the Hernando County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) at a public meeting that establishes one or more general institutional goals and/or stipulates the stance that the BOCC directs county government and board departments in maintaining or the pursuit of approved general goals. Administrative regulations and standard practice guides flow from BOCC policies. These policies should not be confused with internal, operational policies adopted by many departments. All BOCC policies are calendared for routine review and possible revision by sponsoring units/departments every five years.
What is the process for developing Board Policies?
Policies may be initiated by any department, citizen or commissioner. Staff members develop and provide oversight of policy and its implementation.
- 01-01 County Commission Meeting Agenda Policy
- 01-02 Board of County Commissioners Meetings Policy
- 01-03 Photocopy Charges Policy
- 01-04 Public Waiting Areas Policy - Repealed
- 02-01 Placement of Art in Public Places Policy - Repealed
- 03-01 Aquatic Weed Control Policy
- 04-01 Financial Arrangements for Assessments Policy
- 05-01 County Commissioners Chambers Policy
- 05-02 Display of Materials in Government Offices Policy - Repealed
- 05-03 Public Use of Buildings and Grounds Policy
- 05-04 County Recreation Programs Policy
- 06-01 Appointment of County Board: Committee Members Policy
- 06-02 County Boards: Committees Policy - Repealed
- 06-04 Citizens Ordinance Advisory Team Policy - Repealed
- 06-05 Standing Committees Policy
- 07-01 Long Distance Telephone Calls Policy - Repealed
- 07-02 Transfer of Personal Property to CrimeWatch Organization Policy
- 07-03 Use of County Vehicles Policy - Repealed
- 07-04 Fixed Assets Policy
- 08-01 Airport Promotion Funding Policy