Hours of Operation
Tuesday - Friday
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
10 AM - 3 PM
Closed Monday, Sunday and Holidays
Applications from rescue groups must include a copy of the following:
- Copy of 501(c)3 paperwork
- Minimum of one veterinary reference
- List of authorized representatives
- Contact information for County Animal Control Agency where organization is located
- Proof previously adopted animals were properly vaccinated and had the spay/neuter procedure performed within 30 days of the animal being age appropriate
- Groups bylaws, policies and procedures, as well as a copy of their standard policy in vaccination and spay/neuter procedures
- Name, phone number and contact information of the Animal Services Department in the county where they are from so HCAS can verify if this rescue is in good standing
Failure to provide required documentation will result in the group's immediate removal from the Hernando County Animal Services list of rescue groups allowed to claim animals.
Allow two weeks after submitting your application for approval notification. Adoption fees will not be waived until the rescue group's application is fully processed.