18900 Cortez Boulevard
Brooksville, FL 34601
Emergency Management and the Florida Department of Health in Hernando County encourage residents to remain informed. We can all help to prevent the spread of disease by:
1. Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
2. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home when you are sick
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
5. Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Monitor trusted sources of information such as the Health Department website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the CDC at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
Visit https://flicg.org/county-by-county-covid-19-information/ for a list of all Florida County’s COVID-19 policies and orders.
BOCC approves Hernando County CARES Small Business Recovery Grant
At the June 23, 2020 regular Hernando County Board of County Commissioners meeting, the Board unanimously voted to approve the Hernando County CARES Small Business Recovery Grant.
To stimulate the local economy, the Hernando CARES Program will provide recovery grants up to $5,000 to eligible small businesses adversely impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. The intent of the grant is to offset the temporary loss of revenue and assist these businesses in their efforts to recover in the aftermath of this historic global pandemic.
Small businesses located in Hernando County since January 2020 with up to 50 employees are eligible to apply. This program provides one-time grants (not loans) as follows:
- Brick and mortar businesses with 1 - 15 Full-Time Equivalent Employees - $2,500
- Brick and mortar businesses with 16 – 50 Full-Time Equivalent Employees - $5,000
- Home based business - $1,000
- Businesses engaged in any illegal activity as defined by Federal guidelines
- Businesses that derive more than one-third of gross annual revenue from legal gambling activities
- Publicly traded companies
- Non-Profit entities
- Businesses with outstanding liens, code or building code violations
- Businesses excluded on SAM.gov or on the State of Florida Convicted/Suspended/Discriminatory vendor list – www.DMS.myflorida.com
- Businesses that present live performances of a prurient sexual nature or derive directly or indirectly more than de minimis gross revenue through the sale of products or services, or the presentation of any depictions or displays, of a prurient sexual nature
Eligible Grant UsesThis is a grant program, so no payback is required; however, funds may only be used for the approved eligible uses listed below. These funds may be considered taxable income, please contact your financial advisor for guidance. The funds must be used to cover any of the eligible expenses incurred due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Expenditures cannot have been paid for under another federal program.
- Miscellaneous bills as a result of COVID-19
- Hernando County registered business in operation as of January 1, 2020
- 1- 50 Full-Time Equivalent Employees (Part-time and 1099 employees must be included)
- The company may have many more part-time employees provided the total weekly hours does not exceed 600 for 1-15 employees or 2,000 for 16-50 employees
- Must have been negatively affected by the onset of COVID-19 Pandemic (e.g., non-essential business, reduction of hours, lost revenues, furlough employees, etc.)
These are very limited funds that will be distributed on a first-submitted, eligible and approved application basis. Business owners may submit their complete application online at https://form.jotform.com/HernandoCounty/hernandocares. NOTE: The Office of Economic Development will not begin reviewing applications until Monday, June 29, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. There is no deadline to apply. The Hernando CARES Program has $5,000,000 available; applications will be accepted until funds are exhausted. Applicants will be notified by email of award.
Visit www.HernandoCounty.us for a list of application requirements, FAQs and any additional resources on the Hernando CARES Program. Applicants may contact the Hernando County Office of Economic Development at (352) 540-6400 or HernandoCARES@HernandoCounty.us for additional information.