18900 Cortez Boulevard
Brooksville, FL 34601
Emergency Management and the Florida Department of Health in Hernando County encourage residents to remain informed. We can all help to prevent the spread of disease by:
1. Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
2. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home when you are sick
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
5. Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Monitor trusted sources of information such as the Health Department website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the CDC at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
Visit https://flicg.org/county-by-county-covid-19-information/ for a list of all Florida County’s COVID-19 policies and orders.
Your local library resumes Interlibrary Loan Services
The Hernando County Public Library System announces that Interlibrary Loan Services (ILL) will resume on Monday, June 15, 2020. This service had been suspended due to COVID-19 related closures affecting delivery.
The ILL service allows patrons to check out materials from more than 200 libraries in the State of Florida when it is not available at the local level. Materials loaned are shipped to their local library branch for free.
To place an ILL, please visit your local branch or call to speak to one of our staff members. This service is funded under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act from the Institute of Museum and Library Services.
Visit www.HernandoCountyLibrary.us for hours and locations and call (352) 754-4043 for more information.