Hernando County receives approval from State to reopen vacation rentals
Hernando County has received approval from the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) for short-term rentals to resume accepting reservations and check-ins for vacation rentals, effective immediately.
In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 20-123, Hernando County Government submitted a written request and safety plan to the DBPR for approval to operate vacation rentals within the County’s jurisdiction on May 19, 2020. Hernando County’s Short-Term Vacation Rental Safety Plan was approved as of Saturday, May 23, 2020.
Vacation rental owners must adhere to Hernando County’s Short-Term Vacation Rental Safety Plan outlining the safety and sanitation requirements to reopen.
Contact the Hernando County Tourism Department at (352) 754-4405 for additional information.
Hernando County Government’s Office of Emergency Management recommends visiting the following web and social media sites for more information:
- Residents should monitor trusted sources of information such as the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
- FDOH has set up a call center for general questions regarding COVID-19 at (866) 779-6121, operating 24/7
- Download the FDOH StrongerThanC19 app for free, available for iOS and Android devices, to participate in the community action survey launched on April 3, 2020
- Residents of the City of Brooksville may call (352) 540-3810 or visit www.CityofBrooksville.us for questions related to the City and COVID-19
- Visit for information on all Hernando County Government updates regarding COVID-19
- For information on refreshing your emergency supply kits and plans go to www.HernandoCounty.us/em
- Sign up to receive emergency alerts at www.AlertHernando.org
- Follow us on Facebook @HernandoCoGov
- Follow us on Twitter @HernandoCoGov