Transit Services (TheBus) to resume regular service and reactivate fare collection
Hernando County Transit Services (TheBus) will resume regular service hours and reactivate fare collection on all fixed routes and demand response service beginning June 1, 2020.
The health and safety of our customers and staff are very important to us. TheBus will continue to disinfect and sanitize its vehicles daily to help reduce the spread of disease. It is recommended that customers practice the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines while riding on TheBus:
- Limit use of public transportation to essential trips only
- Select essential destinations close to your home
- Keep your distance from riders you did not arrive with (6-feet apart)
- Do not ride TheBus if you are sick
- Cough into a tissue or inside of your elbow
- Wear a mask when riding the bus to help reduce the spread of disease to other riders
Any future changes to service and service updates will be posted on all buses themselves and at www.HernandoBus.com.
Hernando County Government’s Office of Emergency Management recommends visiting the following web and social media sites for more information:
- Residents should monitor trusted sources of information such as the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
- FDOH has set up a call center for general questions regarding COVID-19 at (866) 779-6121, operating 24/7
- Download the FDOH StrongerThanC19 app for free, available for iOS and Android devices, to participate in the community action survey launched on April 3, 2020
- Residents of the City of Brooksville may call (352) 540-3810 or visit www.CityofBrooksville.us for questions related to the City and COVID-19
- Visit for information on all Hernando County Government updates regarding COVID-19
- For information on refreshing your emergency supply kits and plans go to www.HernandoCounty.us/em
- Sign up to receive emergency alerts at www.AlertHernando.org
- Follow us on Facebook @HernandoCoGov
- Follow us on Twitter @HernandoCoGov