For questions related to Hernando County and COVID-19, call the COVID-19 Public Information Center line at:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
18900 Cortez Boulevard
Brooksville, FL 34601
Emergency Management and the Florida Department of Health in Hernando County encourage residents to remain informed. We can all help to prevent the spread of disease by:
1. Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
2. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home when you are sick
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
5. Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Monitor trusted sources of information such as the Health Department website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the CDC at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
Visit https://flicg.org/county-by-county-covid-19-information/ for a list of all Florida County’s COVID-19 policies and orders.
The Hernando County Planning and Zoning Commission regular public hearing canceled
Hernando County is closely monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus) and is taking precautionary measures as recommended by the Florida Department of Health (DOH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As part of our commitment to the health of our customers and the public, the regular Public Hearing of the Hernando County Planning and Zoning Commission scheduled for Monday, April 13, 2020, has been canceled. All public hearing items will be fully advertised for a future date once an updated public hearing schedule has been determined.
For further information, please contact the Hernando County Planning Department at 352-754-4057 or monitor the agenda webpage at http://hernandocountyfl.iqm2.com/citizens/.
Hernando County Government’s Office of Emergency Management continues to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. Visit the following web and social media sites for more information:
- Residents should monitor trusted sources of information such as the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
- FDOH has set up a call center for general questions regarding COVID-19 at (866) 779-6121, operating 24/7
- Visit www.HernandoCounty.us/COVID19 for information on all Hernando County Government updates regarding COVID-19
- For information on refreshing your emergency supply kits and plans go to www.HernandoCounty.us/em
- Sign up to receive emergency alerts at www.AlertHernando.org
- Follow us on Facebook @HernandoCoGov
- Follow us on Twitter @HernandoCoGov