For questions related to Hernando County and COVID-19, call the COVID-19 Public Information Center line at:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
18900 Cortez Boulevard
Brooksville, FL 34601
Emergency Management and the Florida Department of Health in Hernando County encourage residents to remain informed. We can all help to prevent the spread of disease by:
1. Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
2. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home when you are sick
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
5. Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Monitor trusted sources of information such as the Health Department website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the CDC at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
Visit https://flicg.org/county-by-county-covid-19-information/ for a list of all Florida County’s COVID-19 policies and orders.
HCUD customer service lobby closure and operational changes
The Hernando County Utilities Department (HCUD) customer service lobby, located at 15365 Cortez Boulevard in Brooksville, will not be open for public access beginning Friday, March 20, 2020 until further notice. HCUD will continue to provide services as normal to its customers via phone, email and online only during this time. The following resources are available for customers to utilize until further notice:
- All payments, outside of credit card, can be dropped off to the drive-thru drop box located on the west side of the customer service parking lot at 15365 Cortez Boulevard in Brooksville
- Credit card payments can be made utilizing the following resources:
- Online at www.HernandoCounty.us/Utils
- Call (352) 754-4037, option 3 - available 24/7
- Call (352) 754-437, option 6, available during normal business hours only
- To establish new residential service/transfer existing residential service, customers can visit www.HernandoCounty.us/Utils and fill out the residential service application form
- To close existing residential service/start seasonal service, customers can visit www.HernandoCounty.us/Utils and fill out the termination of service form
- Call (352) 540-3848 for commercial permitting/fire hydrant meters
- Call (352) 754-4757 for DBPR forms, FDEP forms and building plan submittals
Contact HCUD Customer Service at (352) 754-4037 or HCUDCS@HernandoCounty.us for all other inquiries and questions. Normal service hours will continue Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hernando County Government’s Office of Emergency Management continues to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. Visit the following web and social media sites for more information:
- Residents should monitor trusted sources of information such as the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
- FDOH has set up a call center for general questions regarding COVID-19 at (866) 779-6121, operating 24/7
- Visit www.HernandoCounty.us/COVID19 for information on all Hernando County Government updates regarding COVID-19
- For information on refreshing your emergency supply kits and plans go to www.HernandoCounty.us/em
- Sign up to receive emergency alerts at www.AlertHernando.org
- Follow us on Facebook @HernandoCoGov
- Follow us on Twitter @HernandoCoGov