For questions related to Hernando County and COVID-19, call the COVID-19 Public Information Center line at:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
18900 Cortez Boulevard
Brooksville, FL 34601
Emergency Management and the Florida Department of Health in Hernando County encourage residents to remain informed. We can all help to prevent the spread of disease by:
1. Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
2. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home when you are sick
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
5. Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Monitor trusted sources of information such as the Health Department website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the CDC at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
Visit https://flicg.org/county-by-county-covid-19-information/ for a list of all Florida County’s COVID-19 policies and orders.
Building and Zoning Division office open to public with operational changes
The Hernando County Building and Zoning Division offices, located at 789 Providence Street in Brooksville, will remain open to the public as a drop-off and pick-up area only until further notice. To reduce risk to the public and staff, it is encouraged for Building Division customers to utilize online services available at https://www.hernandocountygis-fl.us/BldgDept/ however, should you need to visit the office:
- Applications and forms will be available in the lobby
- A permit drop-off area will be available in the lobby for submittal of permit applications, revisions, resubmittals and other documents
- Permit pick-ups can be scheduled over the phone by contacting a Permit Technician at (352) 754-4050
- Inspections can be scheduled online at https://bit.ly/2IW5sB3 or by phone at (352) 754-4050
- Contractors are encouraged to utilize the online system at https://bit.ly/2IW5sB3 to submit applications, documents and receive permits
- All documents can be submitted electronically via email to BLDG@HernandoCounty.us or fax at (352) 754-4416. Customers will be contacted as soon as their documents are entered to ensure they are received
Hernando County Government’s Office of Emergency Management continues to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. Visit the following web and social media sites for more information:
- Residents should monitor trusted sources of information such as the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
- FDOH has set up a call center for general questions regarding COVID-19 at (866) 779-6121, operating 24/7
- Visit www.HernandoCounty.us/COVID19 for information on all Hernando County Government updates regarding COVID-19
- For information on refreshing your emergency supply kits and plans go to www.HernandoCounty.us/em
- Sign up to receive emergency alerts at www.AlertHernando.org
- Follow us on Facebook @HernandoCoGov
- Follow us on Twitter @HernandoCoGov