For questions related to Hernando County and COVID-19, call the COVID-19 Public Information Center line at:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Monday - Friday
18900 Cortez Boulevard
Brooksville, FL 34601
Emergency Management and the Florida Department of Health in Hernando County encourage residents to remain informed. We can all help to prevent the spread of disease by:
1. Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
2. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
3. Avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home when you are sick
4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
5. Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Monitor trusted sources of information such as the Health Department website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the CDC at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
Visit https://flicg.org/county-by-county-covid-19-information/ for a list of all Florida County’s COVID-19 policies and orders.
Housing Authority, Health and Human Services and Veterans Services office closed to public
The Hernando County Government office building, located at 621 W. Jefferson Street in Brooksville, which houses the Hernando County Housing Authority, Health and Human Services and Veterans Services offices, will be closed to the public beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 until further notice. These departments will be conducting all services via email, regular mail, phone and fax. Please see department specific operational changes and information below. These operational changes should not interrupt any services provided by these departments.
- Website - https://www.hernandocounty.us/departments/departments-f-m/housing-authority/-fsiteid-1
- Phone (352) 754-4160
- Fax (352) 754-4168
- Applications for housing programs (Section 8 vouchers renewals, SHIP Down Payment Assistance, NSP rental housing and the TBRA Homeless Housing program) will still be processed
- Website - https://www.hernandocounty.us/departments/departments-n-z/veteran-services/-fsiteid-1
- Phone (352) 754-4033
- Fax (352) 754-4726
- All scheduled appointments will now be conducted remotely via phone only at the scheduled appointment time
- Anyone needing to turn in paperwork for submission can utilize fax or regular mail
Health and Human Services
- Website - https://www.hernandocounty.us/departments/departments-f-m/health-human-services/-fsiteid-1
- Phone (352) 540-4338
- Fax (352) 540-4339
- All programs and services, except homeless assessments will still be available. Face to face interviews will not be conducted
- Visit the Health and Human Services website to enter a service or information request
Hernando County Government’s Office of Emergency Management continues to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. Visit the following web and social media sites for more information:
- Residents should monitor trusted sources of information such as the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease.
- FDOH has set up a call center for general questions regarding COVID-19 at (866) 779-6121, operating 24/7
- Visit www.HernandoCounty.us/COVID19 for information on all Hernando County Government updates regarding COVID-19
- For information on refreshing your emergency supply kits and plans go to www.HernandoCounty.us/em
- Sign up to receive emergency alerts at www.AlertHernando.org
- Follow us on Facebook @HernandoCoGov
- Follow us on Twitter @HernandoCoGov