Pine Island Park and the beach area at Rogers Park to close per CDC guidance
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance to discourage mass gatherings of 50 people or more, Hernando County Parks and Recreation will close the following park and park amenities:
- Alfred McKethan/Pine Island Park, located at 10840 Pine Island Drive in Spring Hill, is currently at capacity and no additional guests will be admitted into the park.
- Alfred McKethan/Pine Island Park will be closed to the public beginning March 17, 2020 until further notice.
- Rogers Park beach area, located at 7244 Shoal Line Boulevard in near Hernando Beach, will be closed to the public beginning March 17, 2020 until further notice. The Rogers Park boat ramp will remain open for the launching of motorized and non-motorized watercraft.
Hernando County Government’s Office of Emergency Management continues to monitor this rapidly evolving situation. Visit the following web and social media sites for more information:
- Residents should monitor trusted sources of information such as the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) website at www.FloridaHealth.gov/COVID-19 and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.CDC.gov to learn the facts and to follow recommendations to prevent the spread of disease. Additionally, the FDOH has set up a call center for general questions regarding COVID-19 at (866) 779-6121, operating 24/7.
- For information on refreshing your emergency supply kits and plans go to www.HernandoCounty.us/em
- Sign up to receive emergency alerts at www.AlertHernando.org
- Follow us on Facebook @HernandoCoGov
- Follow us on Twitter @HernandoCoGov