EOC Alert #4 Coastal Flood Advisory
EOC Level of Activation: Level 3 - MONITORING
The Storm Surge Warning for Hernando County has expired however, a Coastal Flood Advisory remains in place until 8:00 a.m. Sunday morning. Minor coastal flooding of 1 to 3 feet above normal levels is expected, especially during high tide. The combination of storm surge and high tide will cause normally dry areas near the shoreline to flood.
This will be the last EOC Alert for this event unless conditions change.
- Monitor tide gauges for Bayport at https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/noaatidepredictions.html?id=8727151
- Monitor tide gauges for Hernando Beach at https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/noaatidepredictions.html?id=8727122
- Residents living in coastal areas are urged to closely monitor local news media and take precautions as needed to protect life and property. Be prepared to move to higher ground if necessary.
- Do not drive through standing water. Turn around, don’t drown.
- Take this opportunity to refresh your emergency supply kit. For more information, visit http://www.HernandoCounty.us/EM