Self-serve Sandbag Site Openings
Hernando County Government
Division Chief of Training & Safety
60 Veterans Blvd
Brooksville, FL 34601
Cell (352) 247-5668 (MEDIA ONLY)
Public Information Center (352) 754-4083
October 18, 2019, 9:30 a.m.
Self-serve sandbag site openings
(Brooksville, FL) In preparation for potential minor to moderate coastal flooding, a limited supply of sand and sandbags will be available today, Friday, October 18 from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following location. This sandbag site is self-serve only, please bring your own shovel.
Linda Pedersen Park
6300 Shoal Line Boulevard
Spring Hill, FL 34607
Tips on how to properly fill and stack your sandbags
- Fill bags one-half to two-thirds of the way full
- Over-filled bags will result in a leaky sandbag wall
- Stack sandbags so that the seams between the bags are staggered
- Tuck the top of each bag under to ensure that that bag is sealed by its own weight
Hernando County Government’s Office of Emergency Management continues to monitor and inform our community about storm impacts. Visit the following web and social media sites or call the Public Information Center for more information.
- For the latest local conditions and a complete list of news alerts go to www.HernandoCounty.us/em
- Sign up to receive weather alerts at www.AlertHernando.org
- Follow us on Facebook @HernandoCoGov
- Follow us on Twitter @HernandoCoGov
- Public Information Center (352) 754-4083 – Hours of operation: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily