29th Annual Halloween Harvest Festival this weekend; volunteers needed
The 29th Annual Halloween Harvest Festival will be held Friday, October 11 from 6 – 9 p.m. and Saturday, October 12 from 6 – 10 p.m. at the Hernando County Fairgrounds located at 6436 Broad Street in Brooksville. Both nights will feature a variety of games, face painting, fantastic food, haunted house, hayride and contests. Haunted house will open at 6:30 p.m. and is recommended for ages 8 and up. General admission to this event and parking will be free. Volunteers are needed to assist with the haunted trail and carnival games.
Groups are also needed to participate in the trunk or treat on Friday, October 11 beginning at 7 p.m. Participation is free, candy must be provided by participant.
- Friday, October 11 – Trunk or Treat
- Beginning at 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 12 – Children’s Costume Contest
- Categories: Ages 0-3, 4-5, 6-7 and 8-12
- Registration begins at 6 p.m., contest will begin at 7 p.m.
- Game Tickets – 4 for $1, children’s games will range from 1-4 tickets per game
- Haunted House - $4
- Hayride - $3
- Game arm bands (unlimited games for night of purchase) - $5
- Event arm bands (unlimited event activities for night of purchase) - $10
- Food will be priced separately
- Outdoor games/bounce houses will be a separate price/armband which can be purchased at the Inflatable Party Express table
Contact the Hernando County Recreation Department at (352) 754-4031 if you are interested in volunteering, participating in the trunk or treat and for additional information.