Independence Day office closures, trash & recycling collection schedule
The following holiday office closures will occur on Thursday, July 4, 2019 in observance of Independence Day:
- All Hernando County Government offices
- Library Services
- Animal Services
Normal business hours will resume for these offices/services on Friday, July 5, 2019.
There will be no trash, yard waste or recycling collection on July 4, 2019. Trash, yard waste and recycling will be collected on your next regularly scheduled service date as follows:
- Trash will be picked up on Monday, July 8, 2019
- Yard waste and recycling will be picked up on Thursday, July 11, 2019
What to expect on double pick up day:
Due to the increased volume of trash and recycling following a holiday, Republic will be working hard to ensure that all customers are serviced. Please expect the following:
- Your trash or recycling may be collected earlier or later than the usual time. Please make sure to set it out at the curb before 6 a.m.
- Extra trucks may be working in your neighborhood
- Trucks may run late into the evening beyond normal work hours
- Holiday trash and recycling pick up may be delayed. In this event, normal trash and recycling pickups for the week will also be delayed. Any missed pickups will be completed the next business day
Drop off available:
All Hernando County Solid Waste facilities will be closed on the holiday; however, these facilities will be open during normal business hours the remainder of these weeks for residents wishing to dispose of excess trash or recycling. Recycling drop off is available any time at the drop off centers located at the Walmart Supercenter on Cortez Boulevard and the Hernando County Government Center on East Jefferson Street.
Annual Solid Waste holiday schedule (No service and Landfill is closed):
Christmas, New Year’s Day, Independence Day and Thanksgiving
Contact Republic Services at (352) 540-6457 if you have any questions or concerns regarding your trash service.