Summary of Tuesday, February 19, 2019 MPO meeting
At the Tuesday, February 19, 2019 Hernando/Citrus Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) meeting, the following agenda items were presented:
- The MPO Board appointed Commissioner Jeff Kinnard from Citrus County as the 2019 MPO Chairman and Commissioner John Allocco from Hernando County as the 2019 Vice-Chairman. Committee assignments were also made
- Staff advised the MPO Board that the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has a user-friendly website which includes information for projects in both Hernando and Citrus Counties.The website can be found at: http://www.fdottampabay.com/
- FDOT, District Five, provided the MPO Board with an update of the South Sumter Trail. This section of trail is part of the larger Coast to Coast Trail network
- The City of Inverness provided the MPO Board with a presentation relating to the Historic Towns of the Rock Ridge Phosphate Trail. This campaign concentrates on promoting cohesive connectivity and tourism through a multi-county effort with Inverness, Brooksville, Floral City and Dunnellon as destination points for visitors interested in heritage, culture and nature
- The MPO Board approved a Resolution supporting the creation of three new multi-use corridors to include: Polk County to Collier County, Suncoast Parkway Extension to Georgia and the Northern Turnpike Connector (Florida Turnpike northwest to Suncoast Parkway).The Resolution is being provided to Governor Ron DeSantis and Senate President Bill Galvano
- The MPO Board adopted a Resolution establishing targets for the five required safety performance measures.The performance measures must be adopted on an annual basis
- A request to renew the lease agreement for a new one-year term (July 1, 2019 - July 30, 2020) for MPO office space at 1661 Blaise Drive, Brooksville, FL 34601 was authorized by the MPO Board
- The MPO Board made appointments to the Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC)
- The Executive Director advised the MPO Board that the 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) and Transit Development Plan (TDP) Five Year Major Update are in development.Information regarding MPO plans and programs will be posted on our new website as it becomes available. Visit us at https://www.hernandocounty.us/departments/departments-f-m/metropolitan-planning-organization
The next MPO meeting is scheduled for Tuesday March 19, 2019, at 1 p.m. in the Lecanto Government Center, 3600 W. Sovereign Path, Room 166, Lecanto Florida.
Please Contact the Hernando/Citrus MPO at (352) 754-4082 for more information.