Staff & Services
Forms & Publications
Active Military Combat Duty Grant
(suspended until further notice)
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Find Us
DAV Van Drivers Needed
Download the recruitment flyer:www.hernandocounty.us/veteran_services/pdf/DAV Van volunteers needed.pdf
Last Updated: 11/23/2011
The Hernando County DAV Van travels to and from James A. Haley VA Hospital in Tampa Monday through Friday (except Federal Holidays)
Veterans are picked-up only at designated pick up locations:
* Wal-Mart on US 41
* Brooksville VA OPC on SR 50
* 7-11 at Berkley Manor & US 19
Pick-ups normally begin at 6:30 am and the van leaves Tampa no later than 2:00 pm.
The vans are limited to 8 passengers plus driver.
REQUIREMENTS:THE DESIRE TO HELP THE VETERANS OF HERNANDO COUNTY
• Possess valid driver’s license
• Have a safe driving record
• Maintain current automobile insurance – proof of insurability
• Pass physical health screening in relation to driving vehicles
• Pass TB skin test
• Attend volunteer training and orientation
Please contact Hernando County Veteran Services for more information
on becoming a DAV Volunteer: (352) 754-4033
Daily Transportation Services
Download the Transportation Flyer:www.hernandocounty.us/veteran_services/pdf/Transportation Flyer 05-2010.pdf
Last Updated: 11/23/2011
Procedures and Regulations:
1. Your appointment must be between 8:30 am and 12:00 pm (1:00 pm for specialty clinics ONLY). If your appointment is at some other time, you can call the clinic where you have the appointment and ask them to change it so that you can use this service.
2. Seat reservations must be made NO LATER THAN 12:00 noon the (business) day before your scheduled appointment. Reservations can be made months in advance
3. Escorts may ride only if space is available. If an escort is necessary per doctor’s request, please provide Veteran Services with a doctor’s note.
4. Patients must be ambulatory and be able to get on/off the van without any assistance. The vans are not equipped for wheelchairs.
5. Pick-up locations include the Brooksville VA Outpatient Clinic (SR50), Wal-Mart Supercenter (corner of RT 41/Wiscon Road), or 7-11 (corner of Berkley Manor & US 19).
6. The Van leaves the VA hospital at the driver’s discretion, NO LATER THAN 2:00 pm. After your appointment, please go to the pick-up area designated by the driver.
7. To register to use this service, please call 352-754-4033. You need only to register once. After registering, you will be referred to contact Trans Hernando at 352-799-1510 to make future reservations.
Questions or Concerns:
Please contact the Hernando County Veteran Services Office at 352-754-4033.